Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Clone wars (and Pete the Cat)

Yep, I got the title in part from Star Wars.  My kids are Star Wars fans, and so am I.  It seems appropriate though because there are many days I look around my house and I wish that I could clone myself.  Those days it feels like there are so many tasks to get done--they are all "warring" or competing for my attention. 

There are papers to go through, medical expense reports to submit to the flexible spending account, baby clothes to sort and send to consignment or give away, school papers to fill out and/or file, and of course--doctors' appointments to follow up on,  laundry to do, dishes, sweeping, and coats to be hung up. There are plastic bags by the front door need to go back to the grocery store for recycling.

There is mail to take to the post office. Plus I have plenty of projects like creating goal printables I will frame and hang on our wall in the sunroom.  My thought is by creating something nice to look at and framing it, we will give importance to our goals.

There are pants that need to be mended, curtains that need to be hemmed,  I need to finish my menu planning for the next couple of weeks and then go to the grocery store.  And my biggest and most important responsibility is taking care of my children and in particular Baby Girl who is overcoming an ear infection. 

I try to let go of the things that are unimportant, but sometimes when you are in the thick of things, it is hard to keep perspective. 

I am sure I am not alone in feeling this way.

Pete the Cat is a great little book where Pete keeps walking and singing no matter what he encounters, because "It's all good".  

It's days like these where I have to remind myself where my bar really needs to be set.  If the kids are all happy, fed, alive and asleep in their beds at the end of the day, then it is all good.  Everything else that gets done is icing on the cake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment