Monday, May 20, 2013

Urgent Care visit for eye injury

Until a little over a year ago, I had never had to get stitches for any of my kids--even though I have some daredevils with ADHD.  Then, in December 2011, Lawboy thought it would be funny to scare Acroboy.  He did and Acroboy jumped and hit the trim on the half-wall.  Acroboy split open the skin underneath his eyebrow and I could tell he would need stitches.  We tried the urgent care first, but it turned out they had just closed.  We headed to the ER instead.  Acroboy got three stitches.  He had a hard time with the needles and there was basically a team to hold him and fix him up.  

Fast forward to today.  The same two boys were messing around again and Lawboy ran into Acroboy, who now wears glasses.  The glasses smashed into Acroboy's face and now he has a cut above his eye.  In the same place as last time.  

I'm feeling a little bit of déjà vu.  This time the urgent care is open and the cut will only require a little medical superglue instead of stitches.  I am grateful for that.  It could be worse--much worse, and for that I'll count my blessings.  

No comments:

Post a Comment