Monday, June 3, 2013

Acroboy Has Graduated from Speech Therapy

Right as school is ending I received a letter from the speech therapist at the elementary school.  It stated that Acroboy has met all of his speech goals and services would be ending. 

I'm not sure how to feel about this. 

I'm pleased that he seems to have met all of his goals, but will he remember everything he needs once school starts again in the fall?  Will we have other issues that will become more prevalent? 

I think his teacher is nervous too. 

I did receive one piece of good news for us though.  The incoming kindergarten class is not large enough to warrant three teachers, so his teacher will be advancing to first grade with her students.  I think most of the kids in the class are excited (all of them opted to stay with her), but I am especially looking forward to this move since she knows Acroboy so well and we already have good communication and reinforcement between the two of us. 

We'll see what the summer and fall bring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment