Monday, August 19, 2013

Return of GI Scope

Baby Girl had her second GI scope today.  She was a lot grumpier this time around and the grumpiness lasted longer than it did before.  The doctor showed me the pictures and things look good, but she'll send the biopsies off for evaluation so we know for sure.  I have a follow up appointment in a week or two. 

We've run out of her generic antacid, and the doctor wants to wait until she has the biopsy results before she gives us a new prescription. 

Her weight has added a few ounces each time she's seen the doctor recently, so I'm hopeful we're past the weight loss for her.  I'm in the process of weaning her.  I've been giving her more and more sippy cups of soy milk.  It's a bit emotional for me since she is my last baby, but now that I see how much better she is doing weight-wise it's a bit easier to let go.  (I even have guilt wondering if I'm the reason her weight gain has been poor). 

I have to admit I'm looking forward to adding dairy back into my diet.  I think I'll treat myself to a big old piece of cheesecake when she is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment