Thursday, February 28, 2013

Raging outbursts and Calming the Storms

As I sit here nursing the baby, Whirlwind is in a raging outburst. He is yelling that I don't care about him. I won't help him, no one will help him and he hates this stupid family. He wishes he wasn't a part of our idiotic family.

I could go on, but sufficed to say, it's not very pleasant.

Lately I've been reading my scriptures in the mornings, and it has given me an added measure of peace during the day. I feel that when I start my day with my scripture reading and a prayer, I am more prepared for the day and that I can more readily listen to the promptings of the Holy Spirit. Right now I feel that I should let Whirlwind finish venting and then approach him when he is calmer. It is more than just experience or a gut feeling, but a calm knowledge this is what I should do.

I find with my children I am often sending up quick prayers or pleas for help in how to handle a situation, or what advice I might give or how to respond to something they tell me. I am grateful for the inspiration The Lord gives me though the Holy Ghost on their behalf. I hope I will always do my best to listen and obey.

Right now the following scriptures come to mind:

Mark 4:
37 And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full.
38 And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish?
39 And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.
40 And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?

While our lives, and at times Whirlwind's emotions, may turbulent, I find peace and comfort in our Savior who calms the tempests both temporal and spiritual.

May you too find peace and comfort this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment